To learn how to apply, please click on the steps below.
- Must fall within the Field Foundation’s General Guidelines;
- Must demonstrate a well-documented need; and/or,
- Though qualified, would not be included in a regular Field Foundation grant cycle due to the timing of the request.
An organization may only receive one ETA grant per year. Organizations that have received a regular grant from the Foundation may not apply for an ETA grant until their current grant expires. Moreover, organizations that have received an Emergency and Technical Assistance grant may not apply for a regular grant until their Emergency and Technical Assistance grant expires.
There are three areas where funding can be considered:
- Emergency needs that would lead to a cessation of service or threaten the health and safety of the clientele and/or staff of the organization (An emergency is defined as a one-time occurrence that is beyond an organization's control and unrelated to any ongoing resource development or related issue);
- Small discrete projects that proceed over a short time frame, are generally one time in nature of need, and can be effectively addressed through a grant in the range of $2,000 - $5,000; and,
- Technical assistance, (e.g., board development, program planning, evaluation, strategic planning, resource development, fiscal management, and in-service training) intended to enhance or expand internal operating capacity, efficiency and effectiveness.
The ETA Fund will not pay for tickets or other fundraising activities, nor will it pay overdue bills, payroll, or other general operating expenses.
Along with the grant application form, please include:
- A one-page summary of your proposal request;
- A copy of the requesting organization’s 501( c )(3) tax-exemption letter from the Internal Revenue Service;
- A list of the organization’s Board of Directors and affiliations;
- A list of current project and agency funders (with amounts);
- A copy of the requesting organization’s most recent audit;
- Current operating budget;
- Current financial statement; and,
- A copy of the consultant’s proposal, if applicable, and a resume, background summary or agency brochure of the chosen consultant which includes a list of the consultant’s current or former clients.
- 200 S Wacker Drive
- Suite 2860
- Chicago, IL 60606
The Foundation does not accept grant requests via email or fax.